It’s no coincidence that Earth Day and Mother’s Day fall so close to one another, after all Earth is the original Mother. And with so many brands prioritizing eco-consciousness, it’s easier than ever to go green.
This year when shopping for the mom in your life, consider Earth-friendly gift options. And you know, you can also gift yourself any of these things, too, and feel good about your sustainable style.
1. Sold in packs of 3, these reusable grocery tote bags by alleydrew are made of nylon and are foldable, durable, and so easy to grab and go. Extra points because they’re inexpensive and come in tons of different pattern options!
2. Give Mom a spa-in-a-jar this year with Eco Roots Organic Body Scrub. Gentle and exfoliating, this scrub is handmade of all organic and vegan ingredients in small batches. And Eco Roots always uses high-quality, sustainable ingredients and makes low-waste products.
3. A scented candle is always a lovely gift and California company P.F. Candle Co. makes the best non-toxic, soy, and vegan collection we’ve found. They smell delicious, last a long time, and the company’s commitment to sustainability and the planet runs deep. Their entire collection is cruelty-free and all of their candles are made with 100% domestically-grown soy wax.
4. If jewelry is what you like to give Mama checkout Catbird’s ‘As You Wish’ bracelet. This freshwater pearl bracelet is 14k gold filled, strung on silk string, and made in Los Angeles. Since 2004, Catbird has created jewelry that has a low environmental impact. They also strive to set new standards of accountability for others in the jewelry industry.
5. For Days makes 100% recyclable fashion with a zero waste system. Their circular fashion mission designs and plans for the end of a product’s life—at the beginning—to make sure what’s returned to them goes into future products. Gift Mom a Be Kind shirt from their first 100% recycled collection and a pair of their Terry Fleece Joggers for the perfect running errands look.
6. Soko is a women-led, ethical jewelry brand that connects artisans in Kenya to the global market. And their pieces are exquisite. Their Jua Threader Hoops have debossed detailing and are handcrafted with 24k gold plated brass. The very best part, in Swahili Jua means “sun” and these earrings live up to their name—so luminous and bright!
7. If Mom cooks, this is the perfect gift. Jessica Seinfeld’s new cookbook, Vegan, At Times includes 120 vegan recipes for those who want to try to eat a plant-based diet—sometimes. The recipes are delicious, simple, and accessible and the book also includes sample menus. Mom will love the recipes and the relatable stories Seinfeld shares are great, too!
8. Getting Mom a plant? Make it extra special with a Handled Tire Planter from Ten Thousand Villages. So sweet and very sturdy, this hand painted planter is made in India of repurposed tires.
9. Treat Mom to perfume, a classic Mother’s Day gift. Fragrance brand Henry Rose is committed to ingredient transparency and is cruelty free, EWG-Verified, Cradle to Cradle certified and creates nearly zero waste. The brand also uses 90% recycled and 100% recyclable packaging. Did we mention the scents are incredible?!
10. And last, but certainly not least, Soléi Sea flip-flops make the perfect gift for Mom! Featuring a cushioned arch, they’re effortless and wearable, all day (and night!) long. Made of recycled materials and vegan leather, Soléis are the only shoe Mom will need for Spring and Summer. You’d better buy yourself some, too—you’ll want to steal Mom’s if you don’t!